Monday, March 1, 2010

Seriously? Why?

So the other day I took Rowen with me to the grocery store. We were in the produce section when a lady that worked there comes up and tells me what a cute baby I have and then....TOUCHES HIS FACE!! AAHHH!!! This is not the first time this has happened. Why do strange people think that is ok to touch my baby's face? Seriously, I don't know them nor do I know where there hands have been or if they are sick and have some kind of contagious disease. Yesterday we were sitting in church and the lady sitting behind us kept complaining about how sick and miserable she was and coughing all over the place without covering her mouth! Ewe! And as I was sitting there listening to the speaker, all I could hear was cough, cough, cough, coming from EVERYONE in the congregation! I don't understand why you wouldn't just stay home and spare the rest of us from getting your nasty germs! We ended up leaving right after sacrament meeting because I didn't want people touching Rowen and getting him sick! So I am the only first time mom that feels this way? Am I just being super paranoid and need to relax a little? Or is there anyone out there who feels the same way I do?

3 comments:

  1. That is funny, totally understand. It's totally a first-time mom thing, but I'm with you, 1st baby or 6th baby,I don't like strangers touching my infants face! I've had a few docs tell me to just put a blanket over the infant seat when you go in public, or pretend your nursing, so no one will bug you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! im totally like that! people are pretty much just stupid

    ReplyDelete
  3. To tell you the truth for me its NOT a first time mom thing. I hate germs and I hate it when people come over that I know or dont know when they are sick and REALLY hate it when people I don't know touch my baby I dont care if they look at her and tell me she is cute but don't touch her. And I'm with you on the church thing I think people think that if you miss church even if you are sick your a sinner or something. Funny thing is there is a sign on our church's nursery that says if your kids are the least bit sick DO NOT BRING THEM. People are just dumb

    ReplyDelete