Friday, June 19, 2009

My oh my!

Yesterday, Scott and I went to my first ultrasound. I cannot get over how amazing it was. So let me just say we got some news we definately weren't expecting..............

When we walked into the room the ultrasound tech automatically asked us, "If I can see the sex of the baby today would you like to know what is was?" Uh.... ya! Was both of our responses. But since I am only supposed to be 13 weeks we didn't think we were going to be able to tell just yet. So I laid down and she started to do her thing. When she zoomed in on the baby I could definately tell right away what it was without her saying one word............. BOY! Yep, it's another boy for the Garvin family. She also said according to the baby's size that I was measuring farther along then we thought and that I should actually be due on December 12th! Man, they really need to make up their minds with these due dates! Oh, and might I add that this is going to be the most relaxed and chill little boy ever. We kept trying to get him to wiggle and move around and he did a little, but he was content with just laying back and relaxing, without a care in the world. Scott says he is going to be like his uncle Charles (Scotts brother).

So we finally broke the chain for my side of the family. As far as I can't think of everyone in my family, and I mean EVERYONE, has always had a girl first. Not me! But as far as Scott's family goes, boys are very popular. Scotts parents will have 7 granchildren by the end of this year and 6 are boys!

Let me just add that it seems a mothers intuition IS always right! I just knew we were having a boy but Scott still had hope it was a girl. But we are both very excited and now I can start picking out colors and themes for the baby's room! Yay! Thats always the fun part.


Crossing his legs


Proof that it is definately a boy!


Hanging out!


Side view.

10 comments:

  1. yay for you! That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you! He's gonna be one gorgeous baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! yay..i cant believe they let you find out, I went in at 18 weeks and they said i should wait till 20, they wouldnt let me find out... a boy will be so so fun... ahhh enjoy it all... you make me want another baby soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! yay..i cant believe they let you find out, I went in at 18 weeks and they said i should wait till 20, they wouldnt let me find out... a boy will be so so fun... ahhh enjoy it all... you make me want another baby soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!! Now's time to go crazy with the shopping!! How cool to find out so early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! That is sooo cool you got to find out so early. Now's time to go crazy with the shopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You already found out?! How exciting! Congrats on the little boy. They are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sooo cool you found out this fast. Mine was when I was 10 weeks so they really couldn't tell what is was and my next appt was listening to the heart beat, but I'll find out on wed I'm so excited I want it to be a boy so I can have both but I think its a girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats I'm so excited for you. Have fun decorating the room and buying stuff so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations guys! That 1st ultrasound is SO awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NO WAY. it's only been 4 months!

    ReplyDelete